Tuesday, May 6, 2008

My senses sans one

I taste the salt
I smell the ocean
I feel the sun
I ......cannot hear the wind
I ......cannot hear the waves crashing
I.......cannot hear the barking of the sand

I taste the sugar from my Pepsi
I smell the aluminum
I feel the fizz on my tongue
I ......cannot hear the "pop" as I open the lid
I ......cannot hear the sizzle as the bubbles rise
I ......cannot hear myself gulping down the sludge

I taste her make-up on her neck
I smell the shampoo in her hair
I feel the voluptuous twins
I ......cannot hear her moan
I ......cannot hear her sigh
I ......cannot hear her say "I love you".

I taste the paint on my lips
I smell the acrylic wafting up my nose
I feel the pain as I am hit
I ......cannot hear the gunfire
I ......cannot hear my enemies
I ......cannot hear them scream

No comments: