Friday, January 25, 2008

Hiatus and etc..

It's been awhile! It's exactly what I feared I'd do--start something on a whim, keep at it for a short while, then suddenly just abandon it. I had on my mind the past week to put in an entry on my blog, mostly because it was due. The thing is, I just couldn't really think of a good topic to write about. The whole Deficit Thinking hysteria passed and everything calmed back down. It's only a matter of sitting for a few minutes and directing my mind to Deafness that I can conjure something.
First off, I'm excited that I'll be attending the DeafRead Blog Awards! I purchased my plane ticket tonight--after a day of searching for a good fare. Originally I looked up for a fare to San Francisco but found the cost a bit too high, $314 for a round trip, and I winced. Ouch. So I thought, "What about across the Bay in Oakland?" Looked it up. $215. Much better. But if I did that, that means I'll either need to rent a car or catch the BART over to the other side of the Bay. But then I'll need to pay for hotel. Aieee. I called the Embassy and they said they were out of rooms booked under the DeafRead conference. But they did have some available at the normal going rate. But but but.. I use But too many times I guess.

Then it occurred to me--I recalled seeing certain specials online in travel.yahoo.com. Usually a flight and a car special. And we have had luck with that before--typically it's cheaper than a plane ticket alone! So with that hunch, I looked up San Francisco along with a car rental. Sure enough! $195 bucks!! And I don't even NEED the car because the hotel is like one mile from the airport and there's a shuttle service to and fro!! At least it'll save me a lot of time.

Now I gotta get me a tix to the Banquet. So see you there!

Oh and by the way if anyone of you are going and need to split a room, hit me up because just 'cause I got a cheap tix doesn't mean I can splurge on a room. I'll be more than happy to share a room and split the cost if there's any takers!!


I NEED A ROOM!

BF

2 comments:

DE said...

Glad you found a good deal! See you this Friday!

DE

Raining in the Northwest said...

I've got a room! Will be staying across the Bay.